Sunday, May 31, 2009

Image Rejection and ten thousand page views


Well this blog has been active now since Feb 15th and in that time I have had over ten thousand unique page views. I've had many interesting emails as well. I've taught myself something about web pages and HTML coding. All in all I'm amazed at the response, and I think it just shows the interest in this cutting edge aspect of ham radio. I would like to thank you for your support and I find the interest heartening. When you hear some old buzzard squawking about the death of ham radio, just remember, he's the one that's dead, not ham radio. Not by a long shot!!

Me?? I'm just having a gas! (Anesthesiologist's joke)

I thought it might be interesting to see a clip of the Image Rejection protocol in action in the production test screen. Above you can see the test forms for both the main radio and second RX

I only did the Image test, but as you can see you can test virtually every aspect of the radio

Here is the clip there is no audio



This test allows for a starting value for each band to be stored in memory. Notice how quickly the image is notched. The adaption in each band is a fine tuning of these initial values. This radio aligns itself. Just plug in a dummy load and PowerSDR does the rest. Every rejection value for each band is greater than 100dB

73