Sunday, February 27, 2011

DU1IST

A couple of days ago I was complaining about the Japanese wall of RF and today it's just the opposite. I flipped on the radio after brewing my Latte and there was DU1IST extremely loud on 40 M


I tried to hit the screen capture at the peak of his signal strength but after about 5 tries I settled. He was peaking a true S9 (-73 dBm) on my meter and my noise was down around -118 dBm this morning, meaning he was a 45 dB out of my noise!! Wow! Most state side KW stations are in this strength category. He was working people on freq as opposed to split. I gave him 2 calls and he was in the log. Here is a shot of the path:


9200 miles. This was not a terminator shot like with the XU station the other day. We are both still in darkness. His signal was so good I didn't even bother with diversity mode. I just saw XU7ACY spotted on 80M so I'm going to set up on 80 and wait for the gray line again and we will see

73