Saturday, December 5, 2009

ARRL 160 test


Here is a shot of the ARRL 160 test. Some people think this test is the most brutal of all tests. Except for all the dang key clix I have never found it so, at least since I aquired my flex stuff. The band noise tonight was in the -117dB range, fairly quiet. The weather has finally cleared after over 24 hours of solid rain and there is a bad moon on the rise. There are a few pockets of thunder storms left but they are about 1000 miles off shore. Earlier a Delta rocket blasted off from the Cape 13 miles to my southeast attesting to the weather clearing. It was a beautiful night launch.

I spent a good deal of time listening to K1LT, W8JI, and K9DX's freq to try and hear what they were hearing and quickly trying to adjust diversity to see how well I could do. The band was not in very good shape this evening, but I could hear a great deal of what was coming through for them with my diversity setup. I caught a shot of W8JI and notice his signal is a lot like many on the band these days


Not sure what transmitter he is running but there are several on that have exactly the same signature

Very interesting as always

73