Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Andaman II

I emailed the link of yesterday's post to the man who collects the dough. Tonight Andaman was spotted on 160, 80 and 40 in the time frame consistent with the gray line propagation.


HURRAY!! I did not work them. I barely heard them, and of course I was greeted with a passel of US and especially EU stations calling the VU4 ON HIS FREQ, even though he was working stations up 1-2.


A few divined they worked him on his freq (like the WA5 seen on skimmer and a bunch of DL's OM's OK's etc) even though the real people working him were a khz higher. The 599's were popping up like crazy. Then after about a solid minute of UP UP UP UP by the cops and they decided to get off the DX and go UP but by then it was daylight on his end. I gotta give them credit for showing up!! I don't know if my rant had anything to do with it or if it was simply random, but it was good to finally have a shot.

It is so informative to have this technology. It completely takes the guess work and confusion out of analyzing a situation.

73